Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Love

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."--John 13.34
You never know when the last time you will get to hug a loved one will be. Yesterday, Janet and I received a call that our two nieces, Lindsey and Nicole were in a terrible car accident. We were told that Lindsey's injuries were life-threatening. Yesterday afternoon, we went to be with the family at Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem. When we arrived, we were told that Lindsey had died. Lindsey was such a sweet girl, 12 years old, the same age as our sons. It was quite a shock to say the least. All I could keep thinking of was the last time I saw Lindsey, hugged her, and told her that I loved her. I will treasure that memory forever. Nicole is going to be o.k., but I was sure to hug her tight and tell her that I loved her yesterday.
It all is a reminder to me that each moment is truly a gift. And that life is far too short and precious to miss opportunities to show our love to our family, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ, and the world.
Please take a moment today to let those around you know that you love them. Give them a hug for Lindsey.

No comments: