Friday, March 13, 2009

Nothing can separate us!

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8.38-39)
This is perhaps the most uplifting verse in the whole Bible and one that I return to often. In fact, I have made myself a pack of "power verses" on 3x5 index cards that I carry with me everywhere I go and this is one of my favorites!
It seems that when I am in the midst of a struggle, it can seem so huge, so overwhelming. Sometimes, we may think some sin or mistake we've made (or even just a thought we've had) is just too bad to be covered by the forgiveness and grace of God. This verse reminds us that no struggle, no sin, no failure, no trial can separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ. In fact, nothing in all the Universe can: no earthquake, no hurricane, no meteor falling from space, no super nova, no black hole, not even the end of the Universe itself. Nothing can separate you and me from the love of Christ! Take a moment and let that assurance wash over you today! And remind yourself of it tomorrow!

No comments: