Thursday, December 4, 2008

A good friend sent me this excerpt from Anne Graham Lotz' s new book. I believe it is God's word for me today:

"PRAISE JESUS SIMPLY FOR WHO HE IS

When your spirit is heavy, When your heart is broken, When your future is bleak. When your dreams are shattered, when your memories are haunting, when your burdens are unbearable, JUST PRAISE HIM...
If He never answers your prayers,
if He never heals your disease,
if he He never solves your financial crisis.
If he never reconciles your relationship,
if He never lifts your burdens.
If He never erases your memories,
Just exert your will and PRAISE HIM FOR WHO HE IS.
WHY? BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT!
And because praise is the switch that turns on the light in the darkness of your life!!!"

2 comments:

Missy said...

WOW Lanny that was powerful. What's the name of this book? Not that I have time to read right now. But my classes are almost over and I have a few weeks before Spring semster starts. I would love to read it if it's anything that passage.

Missy Archer

Lanny Lancaster said...

The name of the book is My Heart's Cry (Longing For More of Jesus)